In this post, our admission essay help specialists will try to answer all the questions concerning style mistakes.
Let us consider three groups of mistakes in style:
- The first question that you should ask yourself even before you start thinking on the given topic and deciding on the structure and content of your essay is: “Who will read my essay and who I am writing it for?” This question is crucial to define the style of the essay and decide on what terminology to use as well as avoid some inappropriate arguments supporting the topic. A lot of people simply forget to define their target reader, which becomes a source of numerous common mistakes, related to the style of the essay.
- Another set of common writing mistakes originates from inability to understand the type of an essay you are asked to complete. Various essay types require or prefer certain writing styles and in many cases, style of an essay determines its type, like narrative essay will sharply contrast with analytical essay due to the differences in style used for each of them.
- Wrong usage of citation styles, such as APA, ASA, MLA and others can lead to another sub-group of common mistakes in style. These mistakes are generally affecting overall quality of the essay and can result in the low grade. They, however, have lower effect on the content of the essay.
In order to avoid common mistakes and faults in your work, start your essay with asking the following questions:
- What are the style requirements for this essay?
- Who am I writing it for?
- What does my reader already know about the subject and what is the information I will bring to him/her?
Answers to these questions will allow you to clearly define the style of your essay and avoid common writing mistakes on the initial stages of your work. Use the knowledge that our professionals offer to you to make your essay of high quality and interesting for your reader!