If you choose the Berea College, you will have an opportunity to plunge into exciting and fascinating students’ life and spend never-to-be-forgotten years in the thought-provoking environment. To make it happen, you, first of all, must present your application papers before the final deadline, which usually is set on March 31. The priority deadline is typically set on October 31 of the previous year.
Berea College General Info
Being founded in 1855, Berea College differs from the other post-secondary educational institutions for providing education without charging tuition fees. However, the level of education is the same as in other colleges where the cost of education is about $100 000. This is an excellent chance for people who come from low-income families to get higher education without running into debt. Berea has a work-study program, which requires working no less than 10 hours per week on campus and in service jobs. After admission, students also have the possibility to study abroad, and Berea provides considerable funding for this purpose. Below, we provide the distilled information on how to get into Berea College.
Berea College Admission Requirements
There are no strictly set minimum or maximum criteria, meaning the admission happens on an academically competitive basis. That said, based on the Berea College enrollment statistics, the average ACT or SAT scores are between 20 and 30, and a cumulative high school GPA is above 3.0. You can submit an application to one of 32 fields offered by the institution via the Internet. To this end, you need to:
- Fill out the Berea College Application for Admission. Previously, there was the application fee ($50), but it was recently waived.
- Provide a recent high school transcript, or GED results, or Home School Supplement form (for home school students).
- Provide the School Counselor Evaluation Form in the PDF format.
- Provide the Teacher Recommendation Form in the PDF format. This form should be completed by a teacher from a core subject area (Math, Science, English).
- Send ACT or SAT official test scores.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This can be done on the fafsa.ed.gov website.
Is It Necessary to Write Berea College Application Essay?
Writing an application essay is not on the list of the mandatory documents you should provide. However, you can still attach it as a means to boost your application. Other things that can give you a competitive edge include recommendation letters, personal statement, college resume, visiting campus, and quick application file completion. So if you’re planning to enter this university, let us help you write an unforgettable college admission essay for it.