In this article, you will find information and several useful tips on stylistics.
What is writing style?
Essay writing style is the way you present your ideas on paper. Formal writing style differs a lot from the other styles of writing. It has a number of peculiarities, and our task is to introduce you to all of them in order to help you compose a stylistically perfect essay.
Key peculiarities of essay style of writing
Every college essay is to be kept in one style. How to fulfill this difficult task? First of all, you need to find out what the key requirements to the essay style are.
- The facts and ideas your essay paper contains have to be presented in a clear and logical manner. As the experience proves, this may represent a great problem for many students. How to detect clarity problems? Re-read your writing and fix the places which were difficult to understand at once. If you faced such problems, other readers will face them as well. So, you have to put your ideas clear. Try to compose shorter and simpler sentences. Try to structure the sentences so that their key essence would be easier to catch. Do everything to make the meaning of your sentences clear.
- The essay style has to correspond to the essay type and subject field. For example, if you write essay on Philosophy, the style should be a bit sophisticated, still scientific. Use informal language and different appropriate stylistic means for the essay on Literature, such as irony, metaphors, and epithets. If you have difficulties with determining which writing style suits your essay type, give preference to the good plain style of writing.
- Always try to use different synonyms so as to avoid unnecessary repetitions.
Improving your writing style
If it seems to you that your writing style is poor, you should not look for free essay writing services in the Internet, as they simply do not exist. You can easily improve your writing style to the desired level if you follow our tips and practice a lot.
We would like to give you several tips on how you can improve your style of writing:
- When writing an academic paper, you had better give preference to the active voice.
- We recommend you to use short and simple words instead of long sophisticated phrases.
- You had better not use a lot of prepositional phrases. Substitute them with simpler constructions in order not to confuse the reader.
- Trim off the usage of expletive patterns, as they just heap up your sentences.
- Do not use words you do not understand well, as it may lead to their misuse.
We are sure that by following our tips you will succeed in improving your writing style and achieve the desired results.