Typical guide to essay writing will advise you to structure your essay in a very simple and logical way that will require from you to write introduction, main body and conclusions. What can be easier than to structure essay this way? In fact, statistics shows that vast majority of essays fail due to common mistakes in structure of the document. Our admission essay help specialists will try to answer all the questions concerning structure mistakes.
Indeed, there is nothing more illogical than logic of another person and nothing easier than to make your reader get completely lost in your way of thinking.
Core rules that lay the foundation for essay writers who want to avoid common writing mistakes:
- There is no common structure that fits all the essays and occasions. By applying template to all the essays, writers fall into a trap of common writing mistakes.
- Introduction is not a summary of your document. A lot of people, when writing this part, simply summarize the entire document. Instead, it should be your “appetizer” for the rest of the paper, it gives you the flavor of what to expect, but does not make further reading boring.
- Conclusion should have no new information. It is, without doubt, one of the most common mistakes’ sources. It should only wrap up and summarize everything that was covered in the previous parts of your essay. The function of the summary is to make a solid conclusion about your findings and get reader’s mind back to what he read.
One of the common writing mistakes is to believe that your reader understands everything you write. Remember, your reader only absorbs certain information and chooses something that is interesting for him.
If you want your thoughts to be passed to the reader in full, it is necessary to have the following structure in mind (but not on the paper):
- Tell your reader what you will be talking about.
- Tell your reader your main idea and your logic behind it.
- Remind your reader about what you told him about.
Following these three steps, you will ensure that your reader is with you throughout the essay and you will avoid common mistakes. Structure is the appearance of the essay and the rest will only make sense if good thoughts are structured in a good way!