Very often the objective of your essay is to attract the attention of the reader by the words you use and arguments you make. It is important to make your essay interesting from the beginning to the end.
It is, however, even more important not to make your reader laugh at your piece of writing due to numerous spelling mistakes that you make. How to avoid them? The best way is to read your work several times and then proofread it once more. You may ask: “What if it is not enough?” We all try to do it, but still make common writing mistakes that could be avoided. Here you will find several useful hints from our admission essay help specialists on how not to make yourself look awkward.
The golden rule to avoid common mistakes is using a four-step approach:
- Check your spelling while writing.
- Check your spelling with Microsoft Word Grammar Check.
- Check the correction made by Microsoft Word Grammar Check.
- Read it again and correct remaining common mistakes.
Here are some useful tips:
- Ask someone to proofread your essay for common mistakes.
- If you do not have anyone who could proofread the essay for you, you need to try to be objective while rereading your essay several times.
- If you don’t know how to spell some word, it is better to consult the dictionary, or to find some synonym.
- Read your essay aloud and see how it sounds.
You can make spelling mistakes for two reasons: a) you do not know the correct spelling; b) you made a mistake while typing/writing. In the first case you can avoid common mistakes by using Microsoft Grammar Check, as it picks the majority of common writing mistakes in the document. In many cases more hidden mistakes slip from the automatic search and after some time you also become blind enough to skip them.
Dreaming of a compelling biography? Ask us to write my biography for me and watch your story come to life!
Give yourself some time and come back to the document after a cup of tea or, even better, the next day to read it again. Believe us, then your proofreading will be much more efficient.